Friday, October 9, 2009

outside my window

A monster grows outside my window.

I watch it get bigger everyday. But like all things growing right in front of you, you only notice the difference after every couple months. This monster shakes my walls and gives off terrifying growls that disturbs my sanity. Sometimes, it would take a life. At night, it sleeps and all is peaceful. People walk around it, talking about it. But in the day time, they keep away, annoyed by its tantrums.

I don't particularly like the monster. It isn't my monster. I can't wait for it to be full-grown. Then the neighbourhood will be peaceful again. Then the cursing from everyone will stop. Until another monster is born.

I can't wait for that condo outside my window to be finished. Then I can finally concentrate on my work in peace.

No comments: